Posts tagged ‘Rape’

June 9, 2011

American child doctor, Earl Bradley, videos his rape of around 100 toddlers who were his patients

[Jenny Brightly, US Crime News Contributor]
o
What’s On Xiamen: American pediatrician, Dr. Earl Bradley, who practised in the state of Delaware is now on trial for allegedly raping 86 toddlers over a period of more than 10 years. All were his patients and of his victims, only one was not female. He has entered a plea of not guilty to all 24 charges against him.

The families of the victims who were shown the doctor’s stash of videos recording the rapes were horrified and a forensic computer engineer testifying said: “They were beyond anything I had ever witnessed. Nothing prepared me for it”.

Bradley, a married doctor with four children was practising from 1994 up to his arrest in 2009.

He is expected to get life imprisonment.

May 23, 2011

Facebook rape of 12 year old girl by 28 year old semi-paralysed man

[Temer Kahn, Sexual Crimes Contributor]

MailOnline – northeast England: Nicholas Bull, 28, lied to a 12 year old girl and her parents via the social networking site, Facebook, when he pretended to be a disabled 13 year old teenager who had suffered a Disneyland accident.

In reality, the wheelchair-bound obese 28 year old, was a kitchen worker from Orpington in Kent in England  who had been semi- paralysed in a car accident in 2009.

And after lavishing the girl with gifts and text via Facebook, he got her to agree to meet him and when she met him told her that the medication for his accident had made him overweight and look older. Then he took her to a hotel room and raped her.

Judge Jeremy Baker QC sentenced the rapist to nine and a half years imprisonment, 12 years on licence and has banned him from using Facebook. According to MailOnline, the judge said:  ‘You deliberately targeted this 12-year-old girl to have a full sexual relationship with her and you achieved this with careful and sophisticated planning involving the use of deceptive entries on Facebook…I’m of the opinion there’s a significant risk to members of the public of serious harm by you in the future.’

More than 250 million children worldwide use Facebook and social networking sites.

Related articles

May 20, 2011

Dominique Strauss Kahn indicted by Grand Jury and out on six million dollar bailout, but could he have been set up?

[Samantha Templeton-Brewster, Celebrities Contributor]

____________________________________________

International Business Times leads today with a proposal that Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former IMF chief accused of forced anal and oral sex with a black chambermaid at New York‘s posh Sofitel Hotel, is probably the victim  of a ‘set up’  by rivals.

Now released on bail, but with stringent conditions attached, Strauss Kahn will spend time up to his trial at an upmarket Manhattan apartment rented by his wife who raised the $1M cash and $5M insurance bond that secured his release on bail.

Dominique Strauss Kahn – easy to ‘set up’ because of his notoriously voracious sexual appetite

The ‘set-up’ theory is pursued vigourously by International Business Times which claims that even before Strauss Kahn had been arrested, a political science student, Jonathan Pinet, had tweeted the arrest.

Pinet claimed he received the information of Strauss-Kahn’s arrest from a “friend” who happened to work at the Times Square hotel in New York where the alleged sexual assault took place. Coincidentally, Pinet is a supporter of Sarkozy‘s UMP Party. As soon as the Tweet was circulated it seemed to have been hurriedly retweeted by AdvertisementArnaud Dassier, a French journalist specialising in articles hostile to Strauss Kahn and in particular his jet-setting lifestyle.

And again, by sheer coincidence, the first website to break the alleged rape news was 24heuresactu, a notorious right-wing blog that does not support Strauss Kahn’s leftist leanings.

It is certainly easily conceivable that the setting up of Strauss-Kahn would benefit a lot of people – Sarkozy (who would have toppled a major barrier to his re-election), rivals and enemies at the IMF as well as other French president hopefuls.

Michelle Sabban, a Paris councillor and Strauss Kahn supporter is reported to have said to the press:  “I am convinced it is an international conspiracy. It’s the IMF they wanted to decapitate, not so much the Socialist primary candidate. It’s not like him. Everyone knows that his weakness is seduction, women. That’s how they got him.”  

May 18, 2011

Sexually abused men may claim against Strauss Kahn, lawyers fear

[Kalud Bashkir, Middle East and Africa Contributor]

Muslims worldwide are watching the unravelling debacle of charges by women against this apparently sex-crazed IMF chief and are wondering whether even men will be coming forward now with claims of sexual abuse against the entrenched Dominique Strauss-Kahn. It seems that follows the barrage of new claims against the IMF chief, his lawyers are worried that some claims are likely to come from Strauss Kahn’s male colleagues who will be alleging sexual impropriety.

Let’s hope that US Secretary of the Treasury, Tim Geithner (pictured above in a far “too close for comfort” encounter with the predatory Strauss-Kahn) won’t be one of the claimants as he is a thoroughly nice person.

May 15, 2011

No bailout for horny IMF chief, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, for sexual assault and attempted rape

[Angelique De Strange, Crime News Contributor]

Update: Wednesday 18th 2011 Strauss Kahn is reported to be on suicide watch in prison. European leaders are distancing themselves from him, with the German Chancellor saying outright that he should ‘consider his position’. However, his French friends in high places are alleging a set-up, but fresh sex charges are coming up thick and fast from other women who are claiming that he had taken copious advantage of them.

In the meantime in respect to his immediate plight, DNA tests are on the cards to prove positive and a consensual sex plea is being hinted by Strauss Kahn’s lawyers.  At the IMF,  fierce lobbying by ex British prime minister, Gordon Brown, has resulted in him being tipped to replace Strauss Kahn in a matter of days. An anonymous source reports that Mr. Brown has said: “I am looking forward to the challenge”.

Update: Monday 16th May 2011a handcuffed Dominique Strauss-Kahn appeared at an arraignment in New York and was declared a flight risk by the presiding judge. Accordingly, his bail application was refused and he is now being held in  jail pending his trial. 

Not a good day for Mr. Kahn as a new sex attack claim has now been started against him by a French woman who said that he had attacked her back in 2007. READ MORE…..

Sunday 15th May 2011 , Guardian.co.uk: Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the current IMF head, is in another sex scandal, but this time it’s serious.  Today, the horny financier was arrested in New York’s JFK Airport and charged with brutally sexually assaulting and raping, or attempting to take serious advantage of a chambermaid in a posh £1850 per night New York hotel where he was a guest.

A visibly shaken Strauss-Kahn, who is 62, was frogmarched by plain-clothes police officers from the first-class cabin of an Air France aircraft waiting to take off to Paris. Later on Manhattan police formally arrested him and charged him with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment.

New York Police said that the alleged attack took place at the Sofitel New York on West 44th Street, where the attacker, Strauss-Kahn was staying. His 32 year old victim, a chambermaid, said she entered Strauss-Kahn’s room at around midday when the attack took place.

According to the police: “She told detectives he came out of the bathroom naked, ran down a hallway to the foyer where she was, pulled her into a bedroom and began to sexually assault her, according to her account. She pulled away from him and he dragged her down a hallway into the bathroom where he engaged in a criminal sexual act, according to her account to detectives. He tried to lock her into the hotel room.”

Strauss-Kahn had already departed the hotel in an apparent hurry by the time the police arrived as his  mobile phone and other personal items had been left behind.

New York state law prescribes that forcing oral sex is a criminal sexual act which is in the same class as attempted rape. The penalty for the offence is 15 to 20 year imprisonment. Unlawful imprisonment carries a sentence of between 3 and five years.

Times Online reports that back in 2008, Mr. Strauss-Khan had been involved again it a similar scandal. That time, Mario Blejer, a senior Argentine economist, said that Mr. Khan had seduced his wife, Piroska Nagy at the Davos international forum.  His complaints are being investigated by lawyers in Washington and the case is still ongoing.

Mr. Strauss-Khan did not deny the incident.  Mrs. Nagy, who had been employed in the Africa department of the IMF, left after the incident and is now employed in London at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) which job, apparently, Mr. Strauss-Khan had used his influence to get for her.

March 22, 2011

Israel hits Gaza hard with air strikes – president jailed for rape

Huffington Post: Following mortar attacks from Gaza over the weekend which had injured two people in Israel, on Monday, the country’s military launched an intensive air strike into Gaza. Around 19 people were reported wounded and the strikes caused damage to buildings.

HuffPost AOL.News: Israel’s former President, Moshe Katsav, received a seven year jail sentence on Tuesday for rape. He had pleaded not guilty to the charges that he had raped his aide twice when he was a cabinet minister in the late 90’s and had  molested or sexually harassed up to two other women colleagues in his 2000-2007 presidential term of offfice.

The judges convicting him in December last year said that his testimony has been ‘riddled with lies’. “When a woman says no, she means no,” the panel had said when it judged the Katsav.

[Middle East Contributor]

March 14, 2011

Raping and killing a boy for stress worked for German top executive!

Mail Online reports today that top German phone executive was arrested for kidnapping, raping and murdering a 10 year old boy all because he had a stressful day at the office.

According to 45 year old Olaf H: It was all the stress at work. The boss gave me a hard time and I had this overwhelming desire to kill a child.  I drove around aimlessly looking for a random victim, a child because I wanted to have power over somebody,’ he said in a reported statement. ‘A girl or a boy it didn’t matter. I needed somebody so I could relieve my frustration’. In his statement, he said that his career improved rapidly after the murder as his boss promoted him, gave him a pay rise and an staff of 150 workers. ‘I had no more worries’ he said.

His victim, a boy named by police as Mirco, was made to to climb into a car when Olaf H raped and strangled him. He then disposed of the boy’s body in a wood near the Belgian border.

After a 5 month search, the police got to him, but in the meantime, Olaf H had been enjoying the rewards of his ‘stress relief‘ exercise.

[Crime Contributor]

February 15, 2011

Rape – a US Military non-crime?

WASHINGTON (AP)Today, a group of former and existing U.S. military service personnel are bringing a class action suit against the US government for rape and other sexual abuse. They say that their experience of sexual abuse whilst in service in the US military has motivated them to seek the US to change the way it deals with rape and sexual abuse cases.

The group consisting of 12 female and 2 male existing, or former US military members say that soldiers get away with rape and other sexual offences and often their victims get forced to work with their attackers after their ordeal. They allege that perpetrators of the rape and other sexual offences include an Army Criminal investigator and an Army National Guard commander.

The abuse they say ranges  from gang rape to verbal abuse.  One of the group says that two  male colleagues raped her in Iraq and took a video of the event which was circulated to their colleagues. Her commanding officer took no action despite her being bruised from the attack and suggested that she had been a willing participant.

The problem of rape in the military is not only service members getting raped, but it’s the entire way that the military as a whole is dealing with it,” said Panayiota Bertzikis, who is a plaintiff in the lawsuit and claims she was raped in 2006. “From survivors having to be involuntarily discharged from service, the constant verbal abuse, once a survivor does come forward your entire unit is known to turn their back on you. The entire culture needs to be changed.”

Here are two of plaintiffs’ stories:-

1) Bertzikis, 29, of Somerville, Mass., now  executive director of the Military Rape Crisis Center, says she was raped by a Coast Guard shipmate whilst hiking with him in Burlington, Vt.  She had complained to her commanding officer, but said that nothing much was done and instead, she was forced to live on the same floor as her attacker and had to put up with others calling her a “liar” and “whore.”

2) Kori Cioca, 25, of Wilmington, Ohio, said that she was hit in the face by a superior in 2005 and was raped by him in a second incident whilst serving in the Coast Guard in Bay City, Mich. Even though he had admitted having sex with her, she was warned that she would be court-martialed for lying if she brought charges. She said she continues to suffer from numbness in her jaw and has nightmares. “My body hurts every day. My face hurts. I get the most horrible headaches. My body has been trespassed. The honor that I had was stripped from me. I’m no longer proud of myself. People tell me thank you for your service, but my service wasn’t what it was supposed to be,” Cioca said.

What are your views? Remember, commenting is free in International Times of Dominica…

[Sexual Crimes Contributor]