Telegraph: Beautiful, but troubled ex-royal, Sarah Ferguson, in a ‘tell all’ session for the Oprah Winfrey Show which she is taking part in to raise cash to pay off her not too insignificant debts, said that recent events in her life, including the break-up with her husband, left her feeling: “..emotionally bankrupt…worthless..unlovable… and pointless”.
The shocked Oprah Winfrey Show audience listened intently as the Duchess went on to explain how she was left scarred by the treatment she received at the hands of her mother, Susan Barrantes (now deceased): “I looked in the mirror this morning and went…well, no wonder no one loves you – you are so disgusting.'”
The Duchess’ poignant revelations are part of a six-part documentary series for US version of the Opera Winfrey Show where she is shown in a therapy session. The show, named Finding Sarah, Prince Andrew’s former wife revealed that she suffered systemic abuse at the hands of her mother, who once called her ‘the anti-Christ’.
In the show, the Duchess proclaims her love for her children and and also her deepest affection for her ex-husband, the Duke of York, who she said has always been a true friend.
The show is attracting good viewings in the USA.
As your lifelong fan, I wish you, Sarah, the very best of luck. You are beautiful, definitely not disgusting, or pointless, unlike some of the other royals whose names escape me for the moment. Best wishes for the show!
- Sarah Ferguson: ‘No wonder no-one loves me. I am disgusting’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Duchess of York says Royal Wedding snub was “so difficult” to coep with (mirror.co.uk)
- Duchess of York hypnotised for new reality show (telegraph.co.uk)
- Royal wedding: Sarah, Duchess of York speaks of ‘difficult’ snub (telegraph.co.uk)
- Wedding snub ‘so difficult’ says Duchess of York (independent.co.uk)
- ‘My mum called me the antichrist’: Fergie (news.ninemsn.com.au)
- Sarah Ferguson to release a “very personal” memoir (cbsnews.com)
- Sarah Ferguson writes ‘very personal’ memoir (pbpulse.com)
- Fergie Tells Oprah Of Royal Wedding Sadness (news.sky.com)
- Sarah Ferguson Wishes She Had Never Divorced (since1910.com)
- The Duchesses (lostateminor.com)
- VIDEO: Sarah Ferguson on royal wedding snub (bbc.co.uk)
- Sarah Ferguson on Oprah (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Ferguson: Ex Husband Prince Andrew Is “My Soulmate” (omg.yahoo.com)
- Duchess wedding snub ‘difficult’ (bbc.co.uk)