- Telegraph: ENRC’s British directors (now licking wounds) brutally and shockingly culled by shareholders
- Telegraph: Apple – its iCloud does not have a silver lining according to poor reviews
- Telegraph: Twitter #bucketlist kid dying of cancer goes viral on the Internet
- Infowars: British Intelligence officials say Al Queada behind e.coli outbreak and threaten ‘war on cucumbers’
- Telegraph: e.coli – “Not Spanish cucs, nor tomatoes, nor our sprouts”, we still don’t know what is causing the outbreak
- Telegraph: Strauss-Kahn pleads ‘not guilty’ – lawyers now working on: ‘I did it, she struggled, but agreed’ defence
- MailOnline: Syrian officials kill 4 year old girl and 42 more in massive clampdown on rebels protesting in Homs
- News24: Hackers from China break into hundreds of Gmail accounts – Google worriedMailOnline: United Airlines flight grounded because of fisticuffs between two passengers
- MailOnline: UK families to pay stealth taxes direct to Brussels and UK contribution from Brussels cut
- Al Jazeera – Brave France becomes one of the first countries to officially recognise the Libyan rebels – Gadaffi angry
- BBC News: HSBC shareholders get angry with low returns and enormous salaries for executive staff
- iTOD Daily: Photo of Duke of Edinburgh saluting Obama goes viral on the Internet
- iTOD Daily: British Home Office report says that every 20 minutes in England a child is sexually abused
- iTOD Daily: Telegraph reveals Obama’s ‘sinister’ special relationship with United Kingdom
- BBC News: Egypt opens up Gaza crossing – Jews dismayed
- Business Insider: Huffington Post founder, Arianna Huffington, is sued for theft
- Reuters: Mubarak to be tried for executing protestors
- Reuters: Yemen goes crazy as 21 people power activists killed by government forces
- Reuters: Syrian forces killed over 1000 protestors, report says
- Reuters: Google finalises technology for shoppers to pay with mobiles at checkouts
- Mail.com International: Wilder’s Muslim hate speech trial to go ahead, defence claims bias
- Reuters: UK, U.S. launch joint national security body to further war on terror
- Bloomberg: LinkedIn shares plummet after IPO
- Socyberty: Planking – the new ‘must-know’ craze
- iToD Daily: The many deaths of Bin Laden
- Guardian: How to spot a psychopath
[Joan Tollings, Politics Contributor]
According to BBC News, it seems that since the announcement of the death of the Al’Quaeda leader Osama Bin Laden, Pakistani police has not had a lot to do as there have been few protests and demonstrations. However, all is not that well, as negative opinions about the assassination have widely been voiced within the country as well as outward threats have come from the most radical Muslim ranks.
Many Pakistanis believe the whole operation was just a cunning move in order to rubbish Pakistan’s image worldwide. “We don’t know whether Osama was there – we never saw their bodies or the bodies of the others killed in the attack,” said during the interview Shaista Bukhari, a Pakistani housewife, and by far she is not the only one thinking along these lines. While ordinary Pakistanis are voicing disbelief in the authenticity of the story, some radical Muslims have expressed outward anger with the US. Mohammad Younis, a young Taliban member who has fought in Ghazni, Helmand and Kandahar, says Bin Laden was ‘like my father. We will make all those responsible for his death pay – in Afghanistan and across the world’. In the meantime, the prime minister of Britain James Cameron has warned the country of the necessity to ‘stay more vigilant than ever‘.
The journalist, Paul Craig Roberts in ‘Osama Bin Laden’s Useful Death’ published in Rense.com yesterday, comments that the Obama administration’s publication of the death of Osama Bin Laden is a: “..propaganda piece reeking of US Triumphalism”. That is because, he says, the two alleged journalists, Adam Goldman and Chris Brummitt of the Associated Press had originally published a White House or CIA press release saying that: “Osama bin Laden, the terror mastermind killed by Navy SEALs in an intense firefight, was hunted down based on information first gleaned years ago (emphasis added) from detainees at secret CIA prison sites in Eastern Europe, officials disclosed on Monday.” However, the ‘firefight’ part has now been debunked also the ‘detainees information’ part. He considers this to be suspect.
Mr. Roberts claims that this report was meant to justify CIA prisons and torture as the implications are that without secret prisons and torture “the terror mastermind” would still be running free, despite via widely accepted reports that he had died from renal failure in 2001.
He comments: “…. how many Americans will have the wits to wonder why the “terror mastermind” who defeated not merely the CIA and the FBI, but all 16 US intelligence agencies along with Israel’s Mossad and the intelligence services of NATO, who defeated NORAD, the National Security Council, the Pentagon and Joint Chiefs of Staff, the US Air Force, and Air Traffic Control, who caused security procedures to fail four times in US airports in one hour on the same day, who caused the state-of-the-art Pentagon air defenses to fail, and who managed to fly three airliners into three buildings with pilots who did not know how to fly has not pulled off any other attack in almost ten years? Do Americans really believe that a government’s security system that can so totally fail when confronted with a few Saudi Arabians with box cutters can renew itself to perfection overnight?”
Mr. Roberts’ view is that as the Guardian and European newspapers have now confirmed that the photo of the dead Bin Laden is a fake and as the alleged body has been buried at sea according to the word of the US government, which had lied to the American people about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, about Iranian nuclear bombs, the US administration simply cannot be believed on the matter.
He says that the logical interpretation of the faked bin Laden death was that Mr. Obama needed good excuse to bring the Afghan war to an official end in order to address the problems with the huge US budget deficit and also his lagging popularity. It also justifies the utilisation of the US’s rendition and secret prisons/ Gitmo program as well as giving all Americans (which it certainly has) a feeling of ‘payback’ for the 911 attack.
My own view is that on the balance of evidence available, the ‘deathers’ have it. But even if they are right, Americans had deserved some rest from the bogeyman-like story of Bin Laden and in that regard, Mr. Obama, I think, was courageous to attempt to bring closure to this issue which had started before him and which had committed the USA to battles on foreign soil which has so far cost each American taxpayers thousands of dollars to fund and the loss of lives of American service personnel.
- ‘Deathers’ Take Over Where ‘Birthers’ Leave Off (stevebeckow.com)
- ‘Deathers’ take over where ‘birthers’ left off (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Abbottabad residents say Bin Laden’s death a fake – BBC news (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- ‘Deathers’ take over where ‘birthers’ left off (via CNN Political Ticker) (reclaimamericafromthelunaticfringe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Deathers’ take over where ‘birthers’ left off (via CNN Political Ticker) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: ‘ We want proof ‘ Bin Laden is dead … (bbc.co.uk)
- 10 Things More Difficult Than Finding Osama Bin Laden (ittybittywitty.wordpress.com)
- Pakistan Address Questions About Bin Laden Raid (npr.org)
- “No Photo: Why Obama Wonâ€™t Release Osama bin Laden Death Image (Time.com)” and related posts (rocketnews.com)
- Did The Rock Really Hear about bin Laden’s Death from His Navy Seal Cousin? (via NewsFeed) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- U.N. official wants details of bin Laden raid (cbsnews.com)
- The Top 10 Things About Being Neighbors With Osama bin Laden … (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- CIA Denies “Captured, Then Killed” Bin Laden Scenario (news.firedoglake.com)
- Islamic world quiet as bin Laden age closes (msnbc.msn.com)
- Osama Bin Laden is Really Dead? (socyberty.com)
- Osama Bin Laden Killing Turns Birthers Into Deathers (thedailybeast.com)
- ‘Deathers’ take over where ‘birthers’ left off (cnn.com)
- The Birthers Become ‘Deathers’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- ‘Deathers’ take over where ‘birthers’ left off – CNN International (news.google.com)
CNN: At around 12.35 AM on Saturday, the Dominican Republic was stirred by a magnitude 5.6 earthquake on early Saturday according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It said. Around 95 miles southeast of the country’s capital, Santo Domingo, was affected. No significant damage has been reported and there were no casualities.
[Natural Disasters Contributor]
CNN reports that a 25 year old man was reported dead and many boats and harbours in the USA were damaged after ‘jet speed’ tsunami waves moving across the Pacific from Japan‘s enormous earthquake reached the country last Friday.
In northern California wave more than 8 feet high were recorded and the tsunami waves reached the Hawaiian Islands at around 3 am on Friday (8.07 am ET). California Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency in respect to four of the state’s coastal counties as the tsunami waves swept across the state’s beaches, ports and harbors. Emergency shelters have been opened up.
Fifty countries in the Pacific have been given tsunami warnings by the US Weather Service.
[Natural Disaster Contributor]
- California Man Swept Into the Sea By Tsunami (abcnews.go.com)
- Japan tsunami grazes Americas but impact is light (thestar.com)
- Pacific Ocean Predicted Tsunami Wave Heights (ritholtz.com)
- Oregon marina destroyed in tsunami’s wake (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Tsunami: Search called off for man swept out to sea (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- “Coast Guard suspends search for man swept out to sea by tsunami wave” and related posts (coastguardnews.com)