Archive for ‘Regime Change’

June 7, 2011

UK in revolt over creeping rise of EU Commissioners’ power as they impose stealth taxes on British families and reduce EU inward contribution to Britain

[Tonya Gillam, EU News Contributor]

Britain’s greedy EU masters in Europe have gone a tad to far this time with the British in a move that will involve British families paying more than £200 a year apiece directly into the coffers of the unelected Commissioners.

The move is part of another bid to save the troubled Euro, by imposing stealth taxes upon member states and also cutting contributions inward to those states.

Bill Cash, chairman of the Commons European Scrutiny committee  is reported to have said: ‘This kind of attempt to stitch up the British people can only be answered by the simple word: No. The veto must be used…the Prime Minister knows he is heading for a showdown which he can only lose now that the Liberal Democrats are so weak.’

Another MP, Douglas Carswell said: “Eurocrats simply don’t get it..we have been forced this year to increase massively the amount of money we pay to the EU, both in the budget and through the bailouts of eurozone countries, and still they want more…iIf people want good public services and reasonable rates of tax, we need to decide whether it’s possible to remain members of the EU. The time has come to ask: Is it worth all this?’  He is calling , together is a significant number of other MPs, for Britain to leave the EU as a matter of priority.

Well Britain, don’t say you weren’t warned – check out UK Independence Party Leader, Nigel Farage‘s video commentary on the criminal past of the incumbent EU Commissioners – viewer discretion advised as the video is shocking.

Related articles

Advertisements
June 1, 2011

Syrian security officials destroy penis of thirteen year old boy demonstrator and kill him

[Abdul Goldstein, Middle East and African Contributor]

MailOnline Syria’s officials are going all out on the people power demonstrators as shown up by the recent horrific execution of thirteen-year-old Hamza Ali al-Khateeb, which had involved Syrian security forces acting under the orders of the country’s beseiged president, Bashar al-Assad, to destroy the boys penis.

The child had been picked up by Syrian officials in Jiza, a village in Dar’a province of Syria, around a month ago and later on his body punctured like sieve and minus his penis, was returned to his anguished parents. His knees has been destroyed and his  neck broken also.

The family was warned by Syrian police against talking too much, but apparently not enough to persuade them to go along with the unspeakable act of cruelty out of fear of being hurt. As a result, the father has been arrested and might probably be facing the same fate as his son.

The news of the boy that shocked the world was posted on YouTube, apparently by a family member, as after the rebellion against the president which in fact had turned into a civil war, Syria was shut to the members of  the international press.

However, it seems that instead of daunting the rebels, the murder has inspired a wave of fierce protests against the injustice of the current regime. According to expatriated human rights activist Radwan Ziadeh and as reported by the Washington Post, the child has already become one of the most powerful symbols of the revolt.

‘(His death) is the sign of the sadism of the Assad regime and its security forces,’  Radwan said.

Related articles

May 30, 2011

In breach of UN resolution forbidding ground support in Libya, CIA and British secret service agents fight Gadaffi with rebels

[TRIPOLI:  Capt. Ahmed Akabu, Military News Contributor]

As far back as March 30th 2011, the National Journal had reported that following the green light from the White House for the US’s direct ‘prejudicial engagement’ on the ground with the Libyan regime in aid of the rebels, CIA and British secret (and not so secret, from  recent accounts), operatives have been on the ground fighting with the rebels to overthrow the intrenchant and wily  Libyan dictator, Col. Muammar-el-Qaddafi.

According the National Journal’s report in March, more than 12 covert operatives were active in Libya working on the ground with the rebels to overthrow Qaddafi.  Also on the ground at that time were many Special Air Service commandoes and M16 agents.

Guardian: Today video footage from Al Jazeera confirms sightings of foreign armed operatives openly interacting with rebel forces on the ground. This kind of intrervention, of course,  is in contravention of the UN resolution which specifically forbids this kind of enagement by foreign military operatives, but who cares anyway. Isn’t it the same UN whose 30 or so resoultions have been openly thrown out by the Jews vis a vis the Palestinian issue? So Libya is in for some interesting times it would seem.

However, Libyans rebel forces are becoming increasingly worried that the problem with foreign troops on the ground is that as they do not take directions, or orders from local forces, they become in due course, nothing less than an occupation force which then has the potential to create the same problems as for Viet Nam, Iraq and Afganistan in terms of world and local perception of their presence.

May 29, 2011

British government secretly training Saudi and Bahrani forces to quell people power uprisings

  [Picture source Guardian: Saudi Special Forces trained in Mecca by the British military  for uprisings in Bahrain]
u
[Diks Vanderpooter, Human Rights Contributor]
f
Guardian: International human rights groups and British activists have been shocked by revelations by the British government that, whilst supporting people power uprisings in Libya and Egypt, its military has been secretly training Saudi Arabia‘s national guard  in public order enforcement techniques which had been used when they were assigned to quell the recent people power protests in Bahrain.

In the recent uprisings in Bahrain, the Bahraini royal family used more than 1,200 British-trained Saudi troops to assist in demolishing the demonstrations which they did brutally by all accounts killing more than 100 protestors and seriously injuring many more. The UK Ministry of Defence report, out yesterday, confirmed that Britain despatches around 20 training teams to Saudi Arabia each year which the Saudis pay for.

Nicholas Gilby of the Campaign Against Arms Trade said: Britain’s important role in training the Saudi Arabian national guard in internal security over many years has enabled them to develop tactics to help suppress the popular uprising in Bahrain.”

In acknowledgement of Britain’s training role in supporting the undemocratic Bahrain and Saudi regimes, Defence minister Nick Harvey said to the British parliament last week: “It is possible that some members of the Saudi Arabian national guard which were deployed in Bahrain may have undertaken some training provided by the British military mission.”..

May 10, 2011

“I’ll be back” – not likely it seems for Mrs. Schwarzenegger

[Diana Jones, Celebrity News Contributor]

Huffpost Politics:  Arnold Schwarzenegger, on Monday of this week announced his separation from his wife of 25 years standing, Maria Shriver.  The announcement did not feature his signature remark: ‘I’ll be back’, so the word is out that the move is permanent.

An ex-Governor of the State of California, which did not quite badly thank you very much under the leadership of the actor turned politician, no one knows what this 63 year old is likely to do with his life now. Only time will tell, perhaps it’s time to retire Arnie?

May 7, 2011

Update 7th May 2011 – killings in Syria, Afghanistan, Nigeria and Bin Laden’s plans to attack the USA

[Military Analyst Contributor, Sam Trowell]

Afghanistan

Kandahar, Afghanistan is a hotbed of fighting between militants and government supporters. They have attacked the governor’s office, the country’s spy agency (AIA) and a police station. Around 22 people have been killed in the attacks which have included at least six suicide blasts. The Taliban have claimed responsibility.

Nigeria

Attackers burn many houses in the village of Bauchi state, Nigeria killing at least 16 people who are believed to have been Christians. As Bauchi belongs to Nigeria’s region which separates the Muslim north and the Christian south, it is an area of much tension between the two sides involving power struggles.

Syria

Reports on the Syria people protests situation are claiming that troops and tanks are moving into the Syrian city of Baniyas which has been the hub of anti-government protests. More than 800 protestors have been executed by the Syrian government since the demonstrations started two months ago.

Bin Laden

US Officials studying material taken from Bin Laden’s apartment are confirming that after 10 years of no attacks upon the USA, he had been planning to put the American railway system under 911-type attacks imminently and it is feared that if he had not been killed in Abbottabad, the USA and the world would have been in the greatest danger.

After further study of the Bin Laden materials, the US Officials plan to debrief their administration and the world on the other attacks that had been planned by Bin Laden. In the meantime, various blogs purposting to be Jihadist, or from the leadership of Al’ Qaeda, are confirming Bin Laden’s death which, according to the US Officials are more or less conclusive that he was killed in the daring raid by unnamed Navy SEALs at his private quarters near the Pakistani military training college and the Pakistani security services headquarters in Abbottabad.

May 2, 2011

Ugandan security forces kill 2 people power protestors and injure 120 more

HuffPost World:  In Kampala  on Friday, security forces fired live bullets directly at protestors killing at least 2 and injuring around 120 in the biggest anti-government demonstration sub-Saharan Africa has seen this year. The police arrested around 360 people according to government reports.

The recent protests in Uganda are directed toward the removal of the country’s despotic president Yoweri Museveni who has ruled the country for twenty five years. The president though, is refusing to go and international observers fear that Uganda is likely to go the way of Egypt with increasing deaths and a bloody end to the conflict.

The intensity of Uganda’s recent anti-government demonstrations seems to have been precipitated by the brutish rendition of Uganda’s primary opposition politician, Dr. Kizza Besigye, when police recently penetrated the window of his vehicle with guns, smothered him with tear gas and took him off into their vehicle.  Besigye had been the president’s personal doctor and was sacked from the job in 1999 when he said that the government had become a ‘one man dictatorship’.  He had commented to the Associated Press  last week that Uganda was in dire economic difficulty with a broken down health care system and rising rates of employment.

Uganda is a country in Africa of some 35 million people of which more than half are under the age of 15.  Around 1.2 million have HIV/ AIDS.   The average daily wage for Ugandans is around $3.5 per day.  The country has recently discovered that it has oil reserves.

[Vuzo Kenlos, Middle East and Africa Contributor]

April 30, 2011

President of Yemen promptly executes 12 protestors after promise of immunity for war crimes by European Union

[Timothy Wills, Middle East and Africa News Contributor]

EU Observer: From the ‘poisoned chalice’ of the sanctioning of the deployment of cancer-causing depleted uranium ordinance in Libya in support of the rebels, to the endorsement of a plan proposed by the Gulf Co-operation Council (‘GCC‘) to give the Yemeni president, Ali Abdallah Saleh, immunity from prosecution for war crimes, the EU’s bumbling diplomacy is proving to be a disaster in the Middle East.

A glaring recent example, is that  shortly after the endorsement by the EU of the immunity plan for the Yemeni president, whose forces have taken more than 100 lives since the conflicts began, his forces promptly shot 12 protestors and injured more than 100.  Notwithstanding, the EU has said that the deaths do not change its position. However, international human rights groups are saying that the deal for the Yemeni president will be a bad example for other world dictators.

Under the GCC plan, Saleh will enjoy total immunity from any prosecution for wrongdoings if he goes in 30 days, arranges new presidential elections two months thereafter and arranges for more power to be given to opposition activists in a newly formed national unity government.

April 24, 2011

President of Yemen caves in, but asks for immunity from punishment

[Aziza Sourris, Middle East News Contributor]

The New York Times: It seems that peoples’ power in Yemen has achieved a final victory as it incumbent embattled president, Ali Abdullah Saleh,  has announced that  he will step  down after 32 years of single leadership in exchange for being granted immunity from prosecution.

However political observers are trying to make out whether the decision was made under the pressure from the public or as a cunning move to lay the responsibility for the political turmoil ‘on the opposition’s shoulders’.

One of the conditions for stepping down requires the opposition party to stop the street demonstrations and join the ruling party of the president so as to form a coalition government. However, the leader of the opposition, Yassin Saeed Noman, said that he could not ‘force protesters from the streets’ and has not agreed join ranks with the party of the president.

The government, in turn, rejected the opposition’s offer to allow Mr. Saleh’s party to rule for a while until he quits the post and then ‘join a power-sharing government’, saying that the US (who is particularly concerned about certain extra- violent Al-Quaeda branches known to be based in the country) and the EU, as well as the Saudi-led Gulf Cooperation Council were behind the offer.

April 22, 2011

European Union and the USA set to deploy occupation forces in Libya

[Jonas Griffiths, Middle East and Africa Contributor]

Guardian.co.uk/ PrisonPlanet TV: In what many international observers are saying is a thinly camouflaged scramble for Libya‘s oil riches, the EU and USA are ramping up to deploy ‘occupation’ forces in the guise of  ground troops for the protection of  ‘humanitarian’ supplies to the rebels in the besieged country.

According to WeeklyIntercept.Blogspot.com, the US’s ground troops will be sent to complement and assist the hundreds of special forces military personnel from the US, UK and France already deployed within Libya as trainers and advisors.

Furthermore, this week, despite the controversy over the use of the missile-armed US Predator drones in Pakistan by its tendency to inflict unpalatable levels of ‘collateral’ damage upon the Pakistanis, President Obama has ordered that the very same machines may be used in Libya in aid of the rebels. In particular, it is hoped that the rebels in Misrata will have an easier time in overcoming the vastly superior firepower of the incumbent Col Gaddafi’s forces when the drones are deployed.

In the meantime, PrisonPlanet TV reports that the EU has prepared a plan for rubber stamping by Nato which will allow it to deploy more than 1,000 ground troops in Libya for the protection of humanitarian aid supplies to the rebels.  Whilst  the soldiers will be fully armed and instructed to fight if the humanitarian aid supplies are threatened, the Nato forces countries, despite having armed Col. Gaddafi’s forces in the years preceding the ‘people power’ movement in Libya, are still refusing to arm the rebels. Military analysts have commented that all this is causing concern among the rebel forces who are suspicious that using the cover of Nato’s barely-legalised involvement in their conflict, EU and US forces will quickly become ‘occupying’ forces similar to events in Afghanistan and Iraq.

In addition, as there is nothing in place by  that sets out a plan of action for any of the foreign occupation forces to be deployed in Libya to be commanded by the Libyan rebel leaders, the rebel leaders are declining the troops deployment and becoming increasingly suspicious that the offer of assistance will be yet another ‘occupation’ move for the exploitation of the country’s oil-wealth by foreign western powers.

Related Articles