MailOnline: Murphy, one of the Queen’s horses passed away as a result of a horrible accident when he took part in the Royal Gun Salute today which happens yearly in Britain to celebrate the crowning of the Queen.
The incident occurred today when King’s Troop‘s soldiers were parading when Murphy stumbled whilst running and his legs got caught up in the wheels of one of the carriages on parade. As a result poor Murphy was dragged on the ground for several meters and sustained injuries so severe that he had to be disposed of immediately by lethal injection by a vet who was called to the scene of the incident, with the event’s terrified crowd looking on.
The Queen has made no comment thus far upon Murphy’s demise and it is not known whether a police enquiry will take place as result of the incident.
Murphy was a popular and good-natured horse and it seems, will be sadly missed by his colleagues in the Kings Troops.
- Princes, Kings, Champagne, and a Scratch (houndwelfare.wordpress.com)
- Royal wedding: Elf ‘n’ safety silences gun salute to Prince William and Kate Middleton (telegraph.co.uk)
- Queen’s husband salutes Obama, is this real? (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Queen Elizabeth II marks her 85th birthday — unofficially (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Carriages, boats, horse race to mark Queen’s milestone (ctv.ca)
- Carlton House is out to end 102-year drought for the royals in Derby (telegraph.co.uk)
- Buckingham Palace unveils Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee plans (cnn.com)
- What is the proper salutation for a letter a king or queen (wiki.answers.com)
- “The Queen hands out Maundy money” and related posts (rocketnews.com)
- Sochi organizers to bring ice rink to London Olympics to advertise (sports.espn.go.com)
- Will and Kate Meet the Obamas! (eonline.com)
- Prince Charles pays tribute to the forgotten men of Fromelles (telegraph.co.uk)