[Peter Skelps, Epidemics Contributor]
Angry Manuel Jose, a Spanish tourist in Hamburg, told iTOD Daily news contributor, Peter Skelps: “It’s nothing to do with Spain and Spanish food. It’s just a big cover up by the Germans to hide their own bad food. Bad food poisoning in Germany has always been a time bomb. Go to any fast food place, or cafe – they all touch money and everything with their hands and then handle your food with the same hands. Restaurant attendants and kitchen hands there even go to the bathroom and handle your food after without washing their hands. It’s them to blame, not us and it’s certainly nothing to do with our cucumbers.
He went on to say: “So they are bothered about 20 deaths…what about the 140,000 Germans that die each and every year directly from smoking tobacco in Germany. Instead of continuing to encourage Germans to smoke, shouldn’t they stop trying to kill them all?”
Spain’s agricultural minister has said that Germany has no reliable data to link the poisoning to Spanish vegetables. This view has since been echoed by a number of German officials who have expressed mixed views concerning the matter.
The outbreak has killed around fifteen Germans and one Swedish woman who died after eating German food.
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), which is Germany’s national disease institute, has confirmed that since the outbreak, which appears to be worsening, over 1,150 people in Germany have been contaminated by enterohaemorrhagic E. coli (‘EHEC‘) which in turn has led to Haemolytic-uraemic Syndrome (HUS), which causes kidney problems and can kill. Germany has 373 cases of HUS currently.
- E.coli Outbreak in Germany, a PR Nightmare for Spain (pamil-visions.net)
- More Die and Become Sick in Europe’s E. Coli Outbreak (abcnews.go.com)
- Deadly European E. coli outbreak claims 14th victim (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Deaths linked to E.coli outbreak (independent.co.uk)
- More sick, dead, in European E. coli outbreak (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Cucumber scare prompts Russia ban (bbc.co.uk)
- “EHEC: More suspect cucumbers identified in German E.coli outbreak” and related posts (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Spain Deny Blame As E.coli Cucumbers Kill 14 (news.sky.com)
- Killer Cucumbers: Germany Backtracks (news.sky.com)
- “EHEC: Germany in crisis talks as killer bacteria spreads” and related posts (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- New Durex Condoms Ad Tastefully Addresses the German Cucumber E. Coli Outbreak. (copyranter.blogspot.com)
- Killer Cucumber E Coli Outbreak Kills 14 in Europe (blippitt.com)
- Nicht gut! Deadly E.Coli bacteria outbreak kills many in Germany, hundreds infected (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- More illnesses reported in European E. coli outbreak (ctv.ca)
- E. coli cucumber scare: Spain angry at German claims – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Deadly E. coli outbreak spreads in Germany (cnn.com)
- More Sick, Dead, in European E. Coli Outbreak (foxnews.com)
- Spain angry over cucumber charge (bbc.co.uk)