[TRIPOLI: Capt. Ahmed Akabu, Military News Contributor]
As far back as March 30th 2011, the National Journal had reported that following the green light from the White House for the US’s direct ‘prejudicial engagement’ on the ground with the Libyan regime in aid of the rebels, CIA and British secret (and not so secret, from recent accounts), operatives have been on the ground fighting with the rebels to overthrow the intrenchant and wily Libyan dictator, Col. Muammar-el-Qaddafi.
According the National Journal’s report in March, more than 12 covert operatives were active in Libya working on the ground with the rebels to overthrow Qaddafi. Also on the ground at that time were many Special Air Service commandoes and M16 agents.
Guardian: Today video footage from Al Jazeera confirms sightings of foreign armed operatives openly interacting with rebel forces on the ground. This kind of intrervention, of course, is in contravention of the UN resolution which specifically forbids this kind of enagement by foreign military operatives, but who cares anyway. Isn’t it the same UN whose 30 or so resoultions have been openly thrown out by the Jews vis a vis the Palestinian issue? So Libya is in for some interesting times it would seem.
However, Libyans rebel forces are becoming increasingly worried that the problem with foreign troops on the ground is that as they do not take directions, or orders from local forces, they become in due course, nothing less than an occupation force which then has the potential to create the same problems as for Viet Nam, Iraq and Afganistan in terms of world and local perception of their presence.
- The workings of the neo-colonialist machine in Libya (mbokor.wordpress.com)
- Rebels demand Gaddafi exit for peace – Xinhua (news.google.com)
- North Africa NATO Says Arming Libyan Rebels Not an Option – Voice of America (news.google.com)
- Washington sends forth stooges to replace Gaddafi (rt.com)
- CIA, British Special Forces Crawl Through Libya, Unable to Stop Gadhafi Military Onslaught (news.firedoglake.com)
- Libya: NATO takes to the air, CIA takes to the ground (breathingoutpsychedelicair.wordpress.com)
- NATO takes to the air, CIA takes to the ground (rt.com)
- CIA agents in Libya aid airstrikes and meet rebels (warincontext.org)