[Sarah Dunkelmann, Health News Contributor]
Mail.com reports that after the dioxin contamination scandal which dissuaded many families from having fresh milk, eggs, chicken and pork for breakfast, German food is contaminated again, this time with the bacteria E.Coli which has been found in German tomatoes, cucumbers and other vegetables.
According to the official data, at least nine people have died so far from deadly infection, which causes fever, severe stomach cramps, watery diarrhea which continues unstoppably for several days until only blood is pouring out when relief is only delivered by death due to severe red blood cells count fall and/or renal failure. Around three hundred E.Coli infected are reported to have reached this final, life-threatening sickness stage.
The deadly bacteria was initially found in cucumbers imported from Spain, and currently investigation is being carried out in order to establish whether the cucumbers were contaminated from the start or became so during shipment or during their handling in Germany.
- 2 more Germans die of E.coli infection (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- 2 more Germans die of E.coli infection (ctv.ca)
- Germany : Three people with E.coli infection die By Derek Scally (In the last two weeks it has registered more than 80 cases of potentially fatal haemolytic uraemic syndrome, caused by enterohemorrhagic E.coli) (theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com)
- E. coli-infected cucumbers may be in Austria, Hungary (ctv.ca)
- 2 more Germans die of E.coli infection (sfgate.com)
- E. coli-infected cucumbers may have been sent to Europe (thestar.com)
- E. Coli Cucumbers May Be in Austria, Hungary (foxnews.com)
- E. coli cucumbers may be in Austria, Hungary (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Deadly cucumbers claim more lives (bbc.co.uk)
- Deadly cucumbers claim more lives – BBC News (news.google.com)