[Tony Whitehill, Criminal News Contributor]
MailOnline: There is something horribly sick about British adults as a recent report out by the UK Home Office reveals that last year every 20 minutes in Britain, a child was sexually abused. In fact sex crimes against kids in the United Kingdom last year reached total of 23,000 (64 offences a day), but the figures are thought to be conservative.
The victims were mostly high school students, although 1000 crimes involved kids too young to go to school. One in four victims was under 18. Most of the sex abuse was perpetratred by friends, family members and carers.
As a measure of tackling sex criminals and making clear the true scope of the problem, sex offender identity revelation scheme has been introduced in England and Wales so far and a special governmental report on the sexualisation of children is going to be made public soon.
- Child Sex Attack ‘Every 20 Minutes’ Last Year (innocentvoicesuk.com)
- Child sex crime ‘every 20 minutes’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Dozens prosecuted by feds for child sex crimes in region (chron.com)
- Bus driver jailed for child sex crimes (news.theage.com.au)
- Crime Victims’ Institute studies adolescent sex and laws (eurekalert.org)
- Diane Dimond: Our Bloated National Sex Registry (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sex offender released from Qld jail (news.theage.com.au)
- Melbourne bus driver jailed for child sex (news.theage.com.au)
- Homosexuality & abusing priests (geneveith.com)
- Ex-Windsor con to get lasting impression of judge (windsorstar.com)