[In London, England: Samantha Templeton-Brewster, Celebrities Contributor]
After publicly hinting of settling down in the US, Cheryl Cole is reported to have left the country for England in haste as it seems that after her humiliating firing from the USA‘s talent show, X Factor, she is back to square one.
It seems that she was spectacularly fired because of her northern English accent, which did not make her posh enough for American audiences according to the US judges of the show.
However, unofficial sources have hinted that the true reason might be the star’s failure in her backstage rivalry with American singer, actress and TV presenter Nicole Scherzinger, who is 21 year her senior, as well as Cole’s non-too-affectionate relationship with a fellow judge Paula Abdul. To make things worse, Cheryl Cole has lost £1.2 million she had managed to secure from the managers of the show, as the TV bosses had conceded to only a provisional offer, based on whether the viewers like Cole’s performance as a judge or not.
Humiliated and furious, the celebrity has refused to participate in the British X Factor, as well, notwithstanding the eager calls from her fellow judge and reported supporter Simon Cowell, and currently is reported to be hiding behind locked doors in her house in Berkshire, UK.
Cheryl, we love you, up the Yankees, come back to us, we miss you!!
- Cheryl Cole Replaced By Nicole Scherzinger On The X-Factor (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- Cheryl Cole Replaced by Nicole Scherzinger as Judge in X Factor Shocker (shoppingblog.com)
- Cheryl Cole Dropped from American X-Factor (923now.radio.com)
- Cheryl Cole May Have Been Fired From X Factor by Simon Cowell (shoppingblog.com)
- “X Factor Judge Cheryl Cole Replaced Due To Thick Accent. REALLY?” and related posts (bumpshack.com)
- Cheryl Cole’s Accent Frightens and Confuses Us (thesuperficial.com)