[Selma Thomson, UK News Contributor]
Discussions between the politicians were reported to be warm and constructive with every hint of the ‘elusive’ special relationship in the air.
It is reported that points discussed covered how to induce ‘a sense of optimism and national mission’, whilst attending to declining living standards and the re-establishment of economies severely damaged by the financial crisis. Climate change, foreign policy challenges in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya also were featured in the discussions.
- Obamas greeted by royal family at Buckingham Palace (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Special Relationship? Behind the Doors of Buckingham Palace (theworld.org)
- Obama refuses to drink Buckingham Palace mineral water on his state visit (birdflu666.wordpress.com)
- Obamas get royal welcome at Buckingham Palace (windsorstar.com)
- Barack Obama and Michelle meet Prince William and Kate at Buckingham Palace (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Obamas Stop By Buckingham Palace, Chat It Up With William And Kate (perezhilton.com)
- The Obama’s Take It To Buckingham Palace To Meet The British Royals… Chelly-O Looks Bangin’ As Usual! (bossip.com)
- The Obamas’ Buckingham Palace Visit: Royal Wedding Fever, About a Month Late (newsfeed.time.com)
- ‘President Hopeless’ to pitch up in Buckingham Palace tonight (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “The Obamas Arrive At Buckingham Palace” and related posts (obamafoodorama.blogspot.com)