[Paola Estrada, Japan News Contributor]
USGS: Japan’s Fukushima district was one of the areas affected by today’s M5.8 earthquake that struck Japan’s Honshu region. The Honshu region is a notoriously geologically unstable part of the world, with M5 earthquakes striking the area on a more, or less daily basis.
The plant operators currently have no plan to curtail the melting down of one, or more of the plant’s reactors and currently, deadly amount of radioactive substances continue to spew into the sea and environment with serious pollution being experienced in parts of the country as far away as Tokyo where drinking water and milk have been found to be heavily contaminated with radioactive particles.
- Post Fukushima, earthquakes continue to rock Japan daily (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Two Earthquakes at M6 and M6.2 respectively shake Fukushima and Costa Rica on Friday 13th May 2011 (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Spain suffers major earthquake – 4 dead, buildings damaged (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- For rocking Japan its business as usual as 8 earthquakes at M4.4 to M5.8 strike in the past two days (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Japan is heaving as nine M4 – M5 earthquakes strike over the easter holiday weekend (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- New Earthquake in Japan.Tsunami Alert. Video. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Tepco May Report 1.5 Trillion Yen Loss After Fukushima Disaster (businessweek.com)
- Spain suffers major earthquake – 4 dead, buildings damaged (theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING! ANOTHER MASSIVE 7.1 EARTHQUAKE SLAMS INTO HONSHU, JAPAN. How much MORE can Japan handle? TSUNAMI WARNING ISSUED FOR JAPAN. QUAKE HITS NEAR NUCLEAR PLANT (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- More on Harold Camping as Hero and Today in Earthquake history (iflizwerequeen.com)
- “Earthquake In New Zealand Hits Just As Harold Camping Predicted” and related posts (blogs.babble.com)