[John Sempertoller, Politics Contributor]
Telegraph.co.uk: A huge sigh of relief was the expected outcome from the IMF and the supporters of Straus-Kahn’s France presidential bid, when the entrenched bureaucrat announced his resignation as IMF head today.
The reasons for his decision, he says, is to enable him to have more time to fight to prove his innocence. However, the case against Strauss Kahn seems very strong and with others coming forward to claim that he too abused them as well as to reveal lurid details of his sexual past which has included using high-class prostitutes and the services of the high-class pimp, Kristin Davis (pictured above). Therefore, it seems that ‘plea bargaining‘ and ‘I ask the court to take all other offences into consideration’ can only be the main strategies for his lawyers at this stage.
In the meantime, an anonymous source at the IMF reports that British ex-Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, who is widely tipped to replace Strauss Kahn, is reported to be making preparations to take up this new post in a matter of days.
- More women come out with sex charges against horny IMF chief Straus-Kahn who is now on suicide watch in a New York prison (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- IMF’s Strauss-Kahn resigns amid sex charges (salon.com)
- IMF’s Strauss-Kahn submits resignation (usatoday.com)
- IMF: Strauss-Kahn submits his resignation (cbsnews.com)
- Pressure builds for Strauss-Kahn to resign from IMF (americablog.com)
- Strauss-Kahn quits as IMF head (mirror.co.uk)
- IMF’s Strauss-Kahn resigns amid sex charges (ctv.ca)
- Jailed Strauss-Kahn quits IMF post (mirror.co.uk)
- IMF’s Strauss-Kahn resigns amid sex charges (boston.com)