If the deal goes through, it will be Microsoft’s biggest and will enable the company to give Google a good run for its money in the Internet and mobile phone communications area, but at a considerable price it seems.
That is because, Skype, with its 145 million users, has not been doing that well. Last year it lost $7M on revenues of $860 million and analysts are worried that Microsoft, at that purchase price will never be able to generate enough sales for payback and profit on the deal.
- Microsoft Confirmed Aquisition of Skype (myjournal4all.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft, in biggest deal ever, buying Skype for $8.5 billion (bizjournals.com)
- Microsoft to acquire Skype (gobbledgeek.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft to Buy Skype (bubblecube.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft Near Deal to Buy Skype for Nearly $8 Billion – WSJ.com (socialwayne.com)
- Video: Microsoft’s Ballmer Explains His Purchase Of Skype (paidcontent.org)
- Microsoft to Acquire Skype (circleid.com)
- Did Microsoft Pay the Right Price for Skype? [POLL] (mashable.com)
- Is Skype Worth 8.5 Billion? (q-ontech.blogspot.com)
- Microsoft Buys Skype (drdianehamilton.wordpress.com)