May 31, 2011
[Peter Skelps, Epidemics Contributor]
BBC News: Spain is furious with the Germans for passing the buck to it for Germany‘s recent bad food outbreak which is making thousands seriously ill and so far has killed around 20 over Germany.
Angry Manuel Jose, a Spanish tourist in Hamburg, told iTOD Daily news contributor, Peter Skelps: “It’s nothing to do with Spain and Spanish food. It’s just a big cover up by the Germans to hide their own bad food. Bad food poisoning in Germany has always been a time bomb. Go to any fast food place, or cafe – they all touch money and everything with their hands and then handle your food with the same hands. Restaurant attendants and kitchen hands there even go to the bathroom and handle your food after without washing their hands. It’s them to blame, not us and it’s certainly nothing to do with our cucumbers.
He went on to say: “So they are bothered about 20 deaths…what about the 140,000 Germans that die each and every year directly from smoking tobacco in Germany. Instead of continuing to encourage Germans to smoke, shouldn’t they stop trying to kill them all?”
Spain’s agricultural minister has said that Germany has no reliable data to link the poisoning to Spanish vegetables. This view has since been echoed by a number of German officials who have expressed mixed views concerning the matter.
The outbreak has killed around fifteen Germans and one Swedish woman who died after eating German food.
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), which is Germany’s national disease institute, has confirmed that since the outbreak, which appears to be worsening, over 1,150 people in Germany have been contaminated by enterohaemorrhagic E. coli (‘EHEC‘) which in turn has led to Haemolytic-uraemic Syndrome (HUS), which causes kidney problems and can kill. Germany has 373 cases of HUS currently.
May 31, 2011
[Silvana Shaktar, Muslim Affairs Contributor]
MailOnline: Monju Begum, 40, who lives in Bangladesh, claims that when Mozammel Haq Mazi broke into her house and tried to rape her, during the attack she managed to cut off his penis and struggle free and run off to a nearby police station where she handed the penis over to shocked officers for forensic tests and as evidence.
The police said that the woman had painstakingly wrapped the penis in a plastic bag when she delivered the organ to them. They later on handed the penis over to hospital authorities who tried desperately to re-attach the dislocated organ to Mozammel unsuccessfully and have now discarded it.
It is not known whether the penis rejected the man, or vice versa during the operation.
Mozammel, who is now in hospital recovering, said that he was having an affair with the woman who had become angry with him when he refused to move in with her. It was then, he alleges, that she brutally cut off his manhood and ran away with it.
The married man and father of five children is due to be arrested and brought to court once he has recovered from the loss.
May 31, 2011
[Dufus Grimes, Europe Crime Contributor]
MailOnline: Evil 17 year old Hric from Poprad in Slovakia, videod himself hanging his dog and posted a photo of the event on Facebook with the comment: “I’ve killed my dog – ha, ha!” The photo shows a struggling, helpless dog hanging from a clothesline whilst the wicked boy looks on grinning.
The boy was later arrested by the police after Facebook users told police. Later on he told proscutors: “…It’s only a dog, I did it for some fun’!
Hric’s parents were not available for comment.
May 31, 2011
[John Connintre, Russia News Contributor]
Ex naval commissar Vasily Midtev, head of the Young Eaglets of the Fleet Patriotic Club in Moscow, has admitted to sexually assaulting more than 10 children in his care between 2006 and 2011.
Predatory Midtev enjoyed the sexual favours of the children frequently, sometimes group sexual encounters took place.
The 51 year old was arrested by Moscow police on May 17 when they had received over 20 complaints from parents that the salacious Midtev had raped their children.
The Young Eaglets of the Fleet club was established in Moscow around 25 years ago and admits only children under 14. The club teaches seamanship and organizes journeys to regions of Russia.
May 31, 2011
[Boris Karliss, US News Contributor]
RT.com: A buoyant President Obama and the US Congress successfully collaborated to continue America’s controversial ‘war on terror‘ with the extension of the US Patriot Act until 2015. This means that the police and secret service will have blanket authority to spy on all Americans, whether they are involved in terror activities or not, for four more years when the Act is likely to be extended again.
Compulsory Internal Digital Examinations for Travellers
This event coupled with rumours abounding of a move by the US government to authorise internal digital examination for all travellers through US airports, US human rights activists are saying that the wide range of spying methods authorised to be employed against law-abiding citizens are being used by the Obama administration as fear tools for political advantage.
US Governments Latest Spy Tool Against Americans
With the collaboration of the major US wireless operators, the US government now has achieved a direct link to each and every hand held device in the USA. This will enable it with an alert system whereby the president and government agencies can send direct messages to each American with a handheld device warning of terror threats, weather disasters, etc. As this is just the start of the scheme many are fearing that it will soon become far more intrusive.
The system is due to become operative by the end of the year and will be fully nationwide by the middle of 2012.
May 30, 2011
[Samantha Templeton-Brewster, Celebrities Contributor]
MailOnline: Pregnant Spice Victoria Beckham has been apparently caught unawares by the paparazzi in a Los Angeles park, California, whilst kicking a ball with her six-year-old son in stylishly elegant stilletoed five-inches-high luxury boots.
It seems that the famous footballer’s wife version of ‘quality’ time has very much to do with her elegant apparel rather than more appropriate sports wear bearing in mind her current delicate condition. The celebrity’s baby is due in July and will be the couple’s fourth child.
May 30, 2011
[Tim Salinger, Germany Nuclear Power Contributor]
EUOBSERVER: In a politically savvy move made breathtaking by its boldness, in the wake of popular widespread opposition to nuclear energy in the country following the Fukushima disaster, the German government has announced that it will stop all its nuclear energy production by 2022.
However, its bordering neighbour, France, which meets 78% of its own energy needs via nuclear energy production and is the world’s leader in nuclear energy production is set to export significant amounts of energy to its neighbour, Germany, as a result of the German moratorium on nuclear power.
Germany as the world’s fifth largest energy consumer imported two-thirds of its primary energy needs in 2002 of which around 12% was from France. As Germany’s nuclear power program has slowed down, its imports of energy have steadily risen and it is expected that in by the time of Germany’s total discontinuation of nuclear energy production, it will be importing more than 25% of its energy needs from a nuclear productive France.
As France with it 59 nuclear power plants borders Germany, any nuclear disaster in France would impact the German people in the same way as any nuclear plant disaster on German soil. Therefore, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get France to stop its nuclear energy production as well? Hmmmnnnn….
May 30, 2011
[TRIPOLI: Capt. Ahmed Akabu, Military News Contributor]
As far back as March 30th 2011, the National Journal had reported that following the green light from the White House for the US’s direct ‘prejudicial engagement’ on the ground with the Libyan regime in aid of the rebels, CIA and British secret (and not so secret, from recent accounts), operatives have been on the ground fighting with the rebels to overthrow the intrenchant and wily Libyan dictator, Col. Muammar-el-Qaddafi.
According the National Journal’s report in March, more than 12 covert operatives were active in Libya working on the ground with the rebels to overthrow Qaddafi. Also on the ground at that time were many Special Air Service commandoes and M16 agents.
Guardian: Today video footage from Al Jazeera confirms sightings of foreign armed operatives openly interacting with rebel forces on the ground. This kind of intrervention, of course, is in contravention of the UN resolution which specifically forbids this kind of enagement by foreign military operatives, but who cares anyway. Isn’t it the same UN whose 30 or so resoultions have been openly thrown out by the Jews vis a vis the Palestinian issue? So Libya is in for some interesting times it would seem.
However, Libyans rebel forces are becoming increasingly worried that the problem with foreign troops on the ground is that as they do not take directions, or orders from local forces, they become in due course, nothing less than an occupation force which then has the potential to create the same problems as for Viet Nam, Iraq and Afganistan in terms of world and local perception of their presence.
May 29, 2011
[Sarah Dunkelmann, Health News Contributor]
Mail.com reports that after the dioxin contamination scandal which dissuaded many families from having fresh milk, eggs, chicken and pork for breakfast, German food is contaminated again, this time with the bacteria E.Coli which has been found in German tomatoes, cucumbers and other vegetables.
According to the official data, at least nine people have died so far from deadly infection, which causes fever, severe stomach cramps, watery diarrhea which continues unstoppably for several days until only blood is pouring out when relief is only delivered by death due to severe red blood cells count fall and/or renal failure. Around three hundred E.Coli infected are reported to have reached this final, life-threatening sickness stage.
The deadly bacteria was initially found in cucumbers imported from Spain, and currently investigation is being carried out in order to establish whether the cucumbers were contaminated from the start or became so during shipment or during their handling in Germany.
May 29, 2011
[Diks Vanderpooter, Human Rights Contributor]
International human rights groups and British activists have been shocked by revelations by the British government
that, whilst supporting people power uprisings in Libya and Egypt, its military has been secretly training Saudi Arabia
‘s national guard in public order enforcement techniques which had been used when they were assigned to quell the recent people power protests in Bahrain
In the recent uprisings in Bahrain, the Bahraini royal family used more than 1,200 British-trained Saudi troops to assist in demolishing the demonstrations which they did brutally by all accounts killing more than 100 protestors and seriously injuring many more. The UK Ministry of Defence report, out yesterday, confirmed that Britain despatches around 20 training teams to Saudi Arabia each year which the Saudis pay for.
Nicholas Gilby of the Campaign Against Arms Trade said: “Britain’s important role in training the Saudi Arabian national guard in internal security over many years has enabled them to develop tactics to help suppress the popular uprising in Bahrain.”
In acknowledgement of Britain’s training role in supporting the undemocratic Bahrain and Saudi regimes, Defence minister Nick Harvey said to the British parliament last week: “It is possible that some members of the Saudi Arabian national guard which were deployed in Bahrain may have undertaken some training provided by the British military mission.”..