There is widespread concern in the legal community in the USA now, that this utterance by the president, will make it impossible for Mr. Manning to be brought before a military tribunal and as a result, he is likely to spend the rest of his life as a ‘detainee’.
Mr. Manning’s supporters are saying that he should be declared a ‘patriot’ and not a spy as his alleged disclosures appear to have been for the benefit of the people of the USA to educate them on the misdeeds of their own government and no Wikileaks files concerning Mr. Manning it seems, had ever been released to any enemy of the USA.
- Obama declares Bradley Manning guilty (boingboing.net)
- Bradley Manning Scandal (stephencrose.wordpress.com)
- Bradley Manning, Obama And The Constitution (middle-class-populist.com)
- Obama declares Bradley Manning guilty – Boing Boing (news.google.com)
- Guilt By Proclamation: Obama Violates Federal Rules By Declaring Bradley Manning Guilty (jonathanturley.org)
- Obama on Manning: “He Broke the Law” – So Much for That Trial? (fdlaction.firedoglake.com)
- Obama declares Manning guilty without trial (rt.com)
- Obama Heckled at Fundraiser: Free Bradley Manning (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Press Release: Military moves to further isolate Bradley Manning with transfer to Kansas (montrosecommunitypress.wordpress.com)
- Obama Declares Bradley Manning Guilty, Makes Fair Trial Impossible (my.firedoglake.com)
- Obama Has the Constitutional Scholar’s Greatest Gift: He Can Tell Who Is Guilty Just By Lookin’ At ‘Em (reason.com)