The reason for that is because, at the start of the hostilities, the besieged incumbent Libyan dictator, Col. Gaddafi, had engaged more than three-thousand black mercenaries from neighbouring Niger, Chad, Mali and in other parts of the Sub-Saharan area to assist his internal security forces to contain the rebellion. The so-called ‘Pan African Army’, identified by the yellow helmets, were exclusively dark-skinned and according to various reports had been particularly brutal towards Libyans in Benghazi, allegedly firing into crowds of demonstrators and clubbing, sometimes to death, unarmed civilians.
But, not all Libyan blacks are mercenaries as the country’s south is home to a large number of its black citizens. However, the rebels in their anger against the mercenaries are targeting all blacks in Libya in vicious reprisal attacks. As a result, the indiscriminate killing of blacks in Libya is at an all-time high as black citizens and mercenaries are being equally subjected to hash treatment by the rebels with some being hanged from Poles in Benghazi, beaten to death, or shot. Now, there is widespread fear in the community of the many thousand black Libyans who are totally unconnected with the rogue Colonel’s drive to remain at the helm.
So, it seems that when Col. Gaddafi is finally removed, which by all accounts, will be soon, he will merely be replaced by another regime, equally as bloodthirsty and ruthless in respect to what it perceives to be in the best interest of is members and the dispensation of justice.
- Libyan rebels are angry as Nato’s ‘collateral’ damage claims at least 13 of their members’ lives (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- European Union and the USA set to deploy occupation forces in Libya (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Mounting Evidence of Rebel Atrocities in Libya (pajamasmedia.com)
- US Senator Visits Libyan Rebels in Benghazi – Voice of America (news.google.com)
- Exiled Libyan dissident returns to Benghazi after 30 years (cnn.com)
- You: Libyan Rebels Take Control of Western Border Crossing (nytimes.com)
- Libyan Rebels Report Gains in Misrata Fighting (foxnews.com)
- U.S. to deploy armed Predator drones in Libya (msnbc.msn.com)
- Libyan Uprising Fueling Racism Against Black Africans (alternet.org)
- Libya death toll ‘touches 10000’ – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- “Foreign military advisers for Libyan rebel bastion” and related posts (timesofmalta.com)
- Libyan rebels claim taking post on Tunisian border (salon.com)
- In embattled Libyan town, Africans fear the mob (reuters.com)
- Libyan Rebels Claim Tunisia Border Post- Photographers Killed in Libya (foxnews.com)
- In Libya, Stranded Black Migrant Workers Live in Misery (theroot.com)
- African Union and President Chávez: The Peace Proposal for Libya (redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com)