[Kent Ashdown, Technology News Contributor]
GottaBeMobile: From ‘not good’ to ‘nicht gut’, Iphone users world wide are up in arms after learning that their cherished ‘must-have’/ ‘can’t do without’ gizmo is secretly tracking their every move without their perceived consent.
It is now common knowledge that Apple logs all its iPhone and iPad users’ movements to help it generate more ‘hitting’ ads. By buying, or contracting a 3G iPhone, or iPad, each user gives Apple permission to track their movements. The secret tracker App can be downloaded by clicking on this link for those who want to check out how much Apple knows about their every move.
We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an Apple product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- Researchers: iPhones and iPads track your movements (news.consumerreports.org)
- Congressmen Press Steve Jobs On iPhone Tracking (huffingtonpost.com)
- Are iPhones Tracking Us? Al Franken Wants Answers (techland.time.com)
- Apple secretly records users’ every move (cbsnews.com)
- iPhones, iPads secretly tracking user’s whereabouts (ctv.ca)
- Canadian program takes Apple’s eye off your phone (canada.com)
- iPads, iPhones report users locations (theglobeandmail.com)
- Lawmakers demand answers from Apple over iPhone tracking (news.cnet.com)
- Apple Geo Tracking: Now the Government Is Involved (techland.time.com)
- Why and How Apple Is Collecting Your iPhone Location Data – Wired News (news.google.com)