[Jo Anderson, Crime Contributor]
MailOnline: This evening, a man believed to be 25 years old with long blond hair opened fire with a machine gun in a Netherlands mall killing at least 7 people and wounding at least 15 others including children. The incident happened in the Ridderhof mall in the town of Alpen aan den Rijn which is around 15 miles from Amsterdam.
The man is believed to be dead after shooting himself at the mall following his rampage. Ten of the wounded are seriously ill.
The incident was described by the town’s mayor, Bas Eenhoorn, as ‘a disaster of unparalleled proportions … under these circumstances, with many people shopping at the Ridderhof today, including parents with children, it’s an incomprehensible situation’ .
You can read more on this story by clicking on the photo.
- 6 killed, 11 wounded in Dutch shopping mall shooting (ctv.ca)
- Gunman kills five and wounds 11 at Dutch shopping centre (guardian.co.uk)
- 6 killed, 11 hurt in Dutch mall shooting (msnbc.msn.com)
- Seven people killed after man opens fire with machine gun in Dutch mall (dailymail.co.uk)
- Six dead in an Alphen aan den Rijn mall shooting! (ironiccreature.wordpress.com)
- 6 killed, 11 wounded in Dutch mall shooting (sfgate.com)
- Gunman opens fire in Dutch mall, killing 6 (theglobeandmail.com)