[Tom Higgins, Australia Contributor]
The woman and car fell some 50ft from the side of the car park hitting the top of a nearby house on the way down and finally ended up in a side alley. The car did not survive the fall well, but the woman was fine with only a cut to her head. It is not known whether she had a seat belt on, or whether the car’s airbags had helped her to escape serious injury.
The woman was rescued by firemen who had to cut her out from the car. She has now been released from hospital and no explanation has been presented for the cause of the accident. The woman remains unnamed.
- Woman drives off 6th floor and lives (thesun.co.uk)
- A scrape with death: Woman’s car falls off FIFTH floor of car park… and miraculously she only suffers ‘cut on head’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Woman Drives Off The Sixth Floor Of A Parking Garage And SURVIVES (businessinsider.com)
- Australian survives six-story car-park plunge (telegraph.co.uk)
- Woman survives 50ft crash-landing (thesun.co.uk)
- Seatbelt ‘kept woman alive’ (theage.com.au)