According to a recent BBC News report, the common weed ‘petty spurge‘ found in most gardens can cure skin cancer. A study involving 36 patients with skin cancer who had to apply the weed on their skins once a day showed that within a month almost 85% of the cancer had disappeared! It seems that was due to a substance called ingenol mebutate which is in the sap of the weed which not only kills the cancer cells but also encourages the activity of the white blood cells in our body that destroy residual cancer cells that could allow tumours to re-emerge.
However, folks don’t rush out to try the herb out without your medic’s approval as its sap ‘results in extreme inflammation and can lead to hospitalisation’, say doctors.
[Health & Medicine Contributor]
- Common weed skin cancer treatment (bbc.co.uk)
- Milkweed sap cures common skin cancers. (inmatezero.wordpress.com)
- Complications Associated With Bone Cancer (everydayhealth.com)
- What Causes Skin Cancer (treatyourskin.wordpress.com)
- Learning About Different Types of Skin Cancer (everydayhealth.com)
- Know the Risk Factors for Malignant Melanoma (everydayhealth.com)