Among the dead were: ex-Gurkhas engaged as security guards; Lieutenant Colonel Siki Skare, a woman pilot; Joakin Dungel, 33, a Swede and a Romanian. Two were reported to have been executed by beheading.
[Middle East Contributor]
- Afghan protesters kill UN workers over Qur’an burning (rt.com)
- Afghanistan: United Nations mission rocked by mob killings – The Guardian (news.google.com)
- UN staff killed in Afghanistan amid protests over Qur’an burning (guardian.co.uk)
- Afghan mob storms UN office in deadly protest (cbc.ca)
- Afghanistan: United Nations mission rocked by mob killings (guardian.co.uk)