Latvia‘s Andris Drozdovs is a legend of high-class Karaoke and the organiser of the World Karaoke Championship trials in Latvia. The final event will be held in Killarney, Ireland between the 8th and 10th of September 2011.
In his home country, Latvia, Andris, popularly known as ‘Mr. Karaoke‘, has transformed what used to be a drunken shouting/ slurring contest for halfwits, into an art form with participants competently dispatching at world-class level, songs ranging from Andrew Lloyd Webber‘s classics to the more raunchy contemporary pieces of Blackeyed Peas and the like.
The trials for the 9th world competition of karaoke singers from all over the world will be held in the 30 or so participating countries and will take place from May until August 2011. All participants need to be non-professional singers of 18 and over – participation is free. The international finals, this year will be held in Killarney, Ireland.
Karaoke at world championship level is in a league of its own as the talent displayed by the top singer participants is easily equivalent to some of the world greatest performing artists.
The previous World annual ‘KWC’ (Karaoke World Championships) which was held in Moscow, had proved to be the world’s largest and highest-quality musical, or karaoke event. In 2011, the KWC event will bring in participants from different countries to the Emerald Isle in Killarney – a must see event for music lovers.
[Music & Media Contributor]
- The Karaoke World Championships Take Moscow by Storm [Video] (gawker.com)
- ABC sets karaoke championship series for summer (reuters.com)
- ABC Television’s Exciting New Reality Series (prweb.com)
- The Travelers – Killarney, Ireland (travelpod.com)
- A review of Eviston House Hotel – Killarney, Ireland (travelpod.com)
- Karaoke Online? Simply Awesome! (andrebastary.com)
- Swedish karaoke busker covers Morrissey’s “Everyday Is Like Sunday” (niklasblog.com)
- Penelope Cruz: I Love Karaoke Rapping! (justjared.buzznet.com)