BBC News: US Democratic politician Geraldine Ferraro died today at the age of 75. She died in a Massachusetts hospital following a long fight with cancer. Geraldine Ferraro had been the US’s first female vice-presidential candidate for a major political party.
Ms Ferraro’s family said: “(she was popularly known as a) leader, a fighter for justice, and a tireless advocate for those without a voice…her courage and generosity of spirit throughout her life, waging battles big and small, public and personal, will never be forgotten and will be sorely missed”.
Mrs. Sarah Palin, the second woman to run as a vice-presidential candidate for a leading political party said: “May her example of hard work and dedication to America continue to inspire all women”.
- Geraldine Ferraro Passed Away at 75 (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Geraldine Ferraro, first woman on U.S. presidential ticket, dies (theprovince.com)
- Geraldine Ferraro Dies (tmz.com)
- Ferraro, first woman on U.S. presidential ticket, dies (omg.yahoo.com)
- First Female Vice Presidential Candidate Geraldine Ferraro Dead At 75 (mediaite.com)