Huffington Post reports that Japan‘s nuclear safety agency has uprated the country’s nuclear crises from a level 4 incident to a level 5 putting it on all 4s with the Three Mile Island incident in the USA in 1979.
Experts are saying that the situation is hopeless and is set to deteriorate sharply for Japan and the rest of the world.
- Japan raises severity of nuclear accident (boston.com)
- Japan raises nuclear crisis level (independent.co.uk)
- Japan official: Disasters overwhelmed government (ctv.ca)
- Japan raises nuclear threat level, official says disasters overwhelmed government (thestar.com)
- Japanese tsunami and earthquake: Nuclear fuel rods exposed – Daily Mail (news.google.com)
- Official says scale of disasters overwhelmed Japanese government (thestar.com)