is now a disaster zone after experiencing the biggest earthquake in the country’s history. Tsunami waves have washed through its cities killing thousands, wiping out villages and causing untold damage to the country’s infrastructure.
The country’s death toll now at more than 1000 is set to rise as the aftershock continues its destruction. A nuclear reactor in the country, damaged by the earthquake, is emitting radiation at more than 1,000 times the safe level and concern is mounting for safety of nearby residents as a six-mile safety zone has been imposed and residents ordered to leave the vicinity of the Fukushima No.1 power plant for fear that it might disintegrate.
The country’s biggest ever quake’s aftershock has now reached Hawaii and Chile and is expected to cause tsunami damage to these countries.
- Massive quake strikes Japan (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- TOKYO: At Least 1,000 Dead In Tsunami Following 8.9 Japan Earthquake (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- 40 killed in major tsunami after 8.9 Japan quake (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- World Blog: Tokyo street was ‘rippling like water’ (worldblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami: The moment mother nature engulfed a nation (dailymail.co.uk)
- VIDEO: Japan hit by tsunami after quake (bbc.co.uk)
- Hundreds dead after quake, tsunami slam Japan (christopherjudson.wordpress.com)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami video: The moment the wave strikes the coast (mirror.co.uk)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami: How awesome power of tsunami is unleashed (dailymail.co.uk)