According to Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey, it is the sixth largest earthquake recorded since 1900 and in comparison to the recent earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand it is “thousands of times bigger, this is really huge”. CNN Chile has reported that the tsunami waves will hit the country today.
- You: Powerful earthquake, tsunami strike Japan (washingtonpost.com)
- 9.0 Earthquake hits Tokyo,Japan (antwrites.wordpress.com)
- Japan Hit By Massive 8.9 Magnitude ‘Great’ Earthquake – Tsunami Triggered (mediaite.com)
- Tsunami hits Japan after 8.9 earthquake (politics.ie)
- Japan Hit by 8.9 Magnitude Quake (theroot.com)