According to Mail Online, HIV, tuberculosis, hepatitis and a number of other most deadly infections will probably be in the past soon! That is because, despite what doctors have made us think over years that the answer to the problem is in weakening the bugs, it seems that the correct answer is to tune our immune system so that it does not go crazy at the onset of a bug invasion.
A series of recent experiments have shown that the immune system is capable not only of keeping the infected body alive, but also of killing the virus completely so that not a trace of it is being left! AND – how can it be done?.. Not so much by stopping smoking and jogging every day, just by switching off a gene in our DNA.
[Health & Medicine Contributor]
- Gene therapy raises hope for a future AIDS cure (boston.com)
- Gene therapy raises hope for a future AIDS cure (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Can a person go from aids to hiv (wiki.answers.com)
- Gene Therapy Raises Hope for Future AIDS Cure (aolhealth.com)
- AIDS gene therapy research is promising (cbc.ca)
- Study suggests immune system treatment for HIV (pinkbananaworld.com)