Mail Online paints a satirical view of UK Prime Minister‘s new Press Chief, Craig Oliver, who arrived this week at Downing Street replete with trendy gear: “The stride is purposeful, the gaze resolutely focused. If only he didn’t look like a man who was late for his Cycling Proficiency Test”!
With a salary of £140,000 per year, Mr. Oliver is scheduled to be Lord Mandelson of the Tory party. He is a former controller of BBC global news and has a career that spans the prominent TV networks. Mr. Oliver is a former policeman and is claimed to be ‘a formidable journalist’ by Mr. Cameron, according to Mail Online.
- Team changes at 10 Downing Street (bbc.co.uk)
- BBC’s Craig Oliver appointed as Downing Street comms director (prweek.com)
- Downing Street cat: Larry shows no interest in catching the rodents at No 10 (dailymail.co.uk)
- Libya: Peter Mandelson defends Gaddafi saying Tony Blair was right to make friends (dailymail.co.uk)
- 10 Downing Street gets a new pet (holykaw.alltop.com)
- BBC’s Craig Oliver made Cameron’s spin doctor after Andy Coulson phone hacking row (dailymail.co.uk)
- You: BBC man picked to replace Coulson (guardian.co.uk)
- BBC journalist Cameron’s new communications chief after Andy Coulson’s departure (dailymail.co.uk)